My first thought was the guitar used by the singing marshal in Evil Roy Slade. It made quite the impression on my 8 year old mind back in 1972. I had to watch it again about a year ago.
Cool picture by a talented artist!
I then started to write the following, but I changed my mind, and only left the above comment. I moved my critique here. It is really a quixotic quest to argue about how realistic items are in comic books, unless they are supposed to be accurate. So here’s my little bit of commentary. A very talented artist. Perhaps no actual experience with firearms. I’m not an expert. I do know a bit about guns, and have fired fully automatic weapons, AKA machine guns and sub-machine guns at a machine gun shoot. (I added a .45 cal Para Arms 1911 since then. I always wanted one since I was a kid. I like how it fits my hand. I shoot it very well.)
This picture looks cool, but I don’t see how you aim it. I also don’t see a label/marking for a select fire switch, so this appears to be a semi-auto (pew) rather than burst (pew pew pew) or full auto (pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew – To the extent of the magazine capacity.) If the magazine is in the back like that, it doesn’t make sense how it works, since the internals of the style of firearm this appears to be based, is in the lower receiver, in front of the pistol grip.
There are rifles with different locations for the magazine, but the configuration is different, such as the P-90 made famous on Stargate SG-1. The magazine for that lays flat on top. The ammunition spins from the magazine to the action. Off the top of my head, I am not recalling other rifles that have a magazine to the rear. I am sure there are more. I am sure that I could find pictures and videos of other configurations online, if I took the time.
Since I mentioned guns, I feel obliged to list the rules of firearm safety:
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
- Do not let the muzzle cross anything you don’t want to destroy.
- Be aware of your target and what is beyond it.
- Do not touch the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Store guns and ammunition separately and inaccessible to others.
Here’s a random table for your modern/near future RPG’s for the effects of a quixotic rant on the public. This is not an all-inclusive list, but gives the general idea. Weight the possibilities appropriately. Total Disagreement would be more likely that Total Agreement.
- Total Agreement – The world changes their opinion based on your rant. Everyone loves and agrees with you. Children are named after you. People that you find attractive want to sleep with you.
- Majority Agreement – Most reviews and re-statements of your opinion are positive. A few holdouts to contrary/divergent opinions. The balance of power is shifting.
- Split Decision – Reviewers and commentators and public opinion are split on this topic. Status quo maintained.
- Large Numbers Agree – While not a majority, there is still widespread agreement with this opinion.
- Vocal and Active Disagreement – While there may be large numbers in support, there is a crowd that are strongly opposed to this idea. This crowd can arise with all levels of agreement except Total Agreement.
Sub-Table For Those in Vocal and Active Disagreement:
- Use logic and reasoning to refute your points, and cite sources.
- Use ad hominem attacks and only post YouTube links when you ask for sources. This group views their opinion as the only right opinion, contrary to evidence. Most hold this opinion because they saw a contrary opinion before seeing your opinion.
- Outright and deliberate falsehoods to discredit your position. This group views your opinion as so heinous that any means to exterminate support for it are used. Threats and false claims against you are commonplace.
- Large Numbers Disagree – While not a majority, there is still widespread agreement with this opinion.
- Majority Disagreement – Most reviews and re-statements of your opinion are negative. A few holdouts support your opinion. The balance of power is shifting.
- Total Disagreement – No one on the planet agrees with you. No one can believe you even had that idea. You hang your head in shame and withdraw from social media and have your publicly listed phone number disconnected. You consider moving to a remote area. You change your hair and clothing style and get a different car.