I play in a Roll20/Google Hangout AD&D first edition game. We recently started back and forth strings of alliteration in our online comments about write ups of our sessions, etc. I took it much farther than the others.
One player posted a link to a poster of a blind monk on a blind beholder, to which I posted: “Blessed Battling Blind Beholders, Batman! ;)” To which I must now add, “Robin retorted, rhetorically.”
I have the bug bad. So bad, in fact, that I am going to inflict it on the internet at large. I’m sorry, but not that sorry. 😉
So while in the shower the other day I had the idea to do alliterative phrases for an A to Z listing from the Monster Manual. This was initiated as I was reflecting on my post on what the OSR stands for.
Without further ado, here is the list and a couple extra at the end. Yes, I know I have two for B. B for bonus! Hmm…. This just may be my list for next years A to Z challenge….
- Angry ankhegs attacking artichoke agriculturalists assiduously.
- Bespectacled bald baby basilisks bouncing beautifully.
- Barbaric bugbears beheading bullywugs.
- Caterwauling catoblepas callously casting cats.
- Devilish druidic dervishes dancing defiantly.
- Eager ettins eradicate elves enthusiastically.
- Fancy famished frogs feasting furiously.
- Giant gorgons gobbling goblins greedily.
- Hungry harpies harpooning harried hippos. (Get where I got this one?)
- Inquisitive imps investigating intrigue.
- Jacked-up jackalwere jousting jauntily.
- Killer kobolds kissing ki-rin.
- Lazy lycanthropes lounging longingly.
- Manic misanthropic minotaurs minting mounted miniatures.
- Naughty nymphs nuzzling Norman. (Who wishes they were Norman?)
- Obtuse owlbears overbearing orcs.
- Perspicacious pixies painting pegasi.
- Quick quassits quietly questing.
- Raging rocs routing rangers.
- Silent skeletons slink surreptitiously.
- Tough trolls trick troglodytes treacherously.
- Uniformed umber hulks undulating under ungainly untied unicorn umbilicus.
- Violent vapid violet vampires vamping.
- Weird wraiths wriggling wildly.
- Xylophoning xorn.
- Yellow yeti yelling, yet yearning.
- Zombie zoning.
And the two bonus phrases:
- Master’s multitudinous machinating minions menace marooned mercenaries manning mantlets meekly, masticating meat.
- All alliteration alludes allegorical alternative alertness, allegedly.
Flying flaming flamingos fleetly fling flagons flung flatly.
Help harried honest human halt horrendous haphazard haranguing.
This is terrible, the tune to “R-O-C-K in the USA” came into my head with the words, “Alliterate in the OSR”.
Will this post never end? Will the puns and assault on the unwary link clickers continue???? …. Tune in next week, same OSR time, same OSR channel.